Aims and Objects of the Oxford Council of Faiths
• To promote good relations and respect between people of different faith communities in Oxford.
• To foster friendship trust and mutual understanding between peoples of all faiths and to improve communication links between the faith communities.
• To liaise with social and civic organisations in order to receive their concerns, and to disseminate information to members of the Council on their behalf as appropriate.
• Encourage social activity and disseminate information about interfaith activities to people of all ages in the local community.
• To consult and to co-operate in religious, racial and social issues and other matters of material concern and speak out when appropriate.
• To promote projects, meetings and events whereby faiths can inform people of all ages in the local community about their beliefs and traditions.
• To work together against prejudice of all kinds and to seek solutions of problems experienced by local faith communities in the practice of their religion.
• To raise funds by means, and for causes, agreed by the Council.